SPOILERS BELOW

In order to explain why something is deserving or not deserving of being on this list we will be forced to spoil some parts of the plot, but we will do our best to not spoil anything major without giving warning in the post.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

74 Silence of the Lambs


Brief Synopsis (from Netflix)
In this pulse-pounding adaptation of Thomas Harris's novel, FBI trainee Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) ventures into a maximum-security asylum to pick the diseased brain of Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins), a psychiatrist turned homicidal cannibal. Starling needs clues to help her capture a serial killer; unfortunately, her Faustian relationship with Lecter soon leads to his escape … and now, two deranged killers are on the loose.

Jason

You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you - why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to.

This movie is the quintessential suspense movie. Do I really have to say anymore. I know this is one of those movies that I could write on and on about, but I feel like if you've seen this movie before you know why its so good, and if you haven't then you should crawl out of the rock you've been living under and go see it.

The one thing that I would like to comment on that I think few people ever really think about is the title. Think about it, this line is said once and the story its from has almost nothing to do with the plot. Yet, I feel like the title fits the movie so well. It's kind of a hard thing to explain, but I guess I just wanted to point out that for a title that has nothing to do with the plot it fits the movie so well.

Final thought- Obviously this goes on my list. It is definitely in the top twenty, but could be as high as my top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment