SPOILERS BELOW

In order to explain why something is deserving or not deserving of being on this list we will be forced to spoil some parts of the plot, but we will do our best to not spoil anything major without giving warning in the post.

Monday, May 31, 2010

79 The Wild Bunch

Brief Synopsis (from Netflix)
Director Sam Peckinpah's brilliant 1969 Western epic tells the story of a bunch of aging outlaws, led by Pike Bishop (William Holden), whose botched plans to pull off one last job forces them to collude with a crooked Mexican general (Emilio Fernández) -- leading to ugly bloodshed. Ernest Borgnine, Ben Johnson and Jaime Sánchez co-star in this special edition, which includes never-before-seen outtakes and three exclusive documentaries.

Bryan

ZZZZZZZZZZ

This is the first movie on the list that I couldn't sit through. I've never really liked westerns, but there were other movies on the list that were outside my normal repertoire, and they all held my attention. This was just not interesting to me. I stopped watching. So unless the second half of the movie was the greatest thing ever recorded on film, this wasn't worth my time.


Jason

Like Bryan I had a lot of trouble sitting through this movie. I've never been into westerns, and this one was no different. Maybe it's the generic settings, or the over the top "manly" actors but something just doesn't work for me.

That being said I actually attempted to go back and rewatch this movie to give it another chance, but then the disc didn't work. I'm taking that as a sign to skip this one.

Final Thoughts- Since I never watched the whole movie I can't say anything official, but from what I did see this movie wouldn't be on my list.

p.s. If anyone has seen this movie and feels like I made a mistake by passing it then then leave a comment. Because as of right now I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. In a fit of desperation for qualifying credits, I once signed up for a philosophy class on western films. And the overall philosophical conclusion I drew from the course was:

    WESTERNS SUCK. Any western that doesn't suck is an anomaly and probably isn't much of a western anyway.

    So I can't remember if 'The Wild Bunch' was one of the classes I left when the movie started or slept through.

    ...so yay! We agree, Jay!

    ReplyDelete